Sunday 20 April 2014

Hoppy Easter Card

I made this card for my Vicar at Easter. The design is inspired by one of Laura Sterckx's cards - I'm addicted to watching her Saturday Stamp Day videos on YouTube! I used the Mama Elephant stamp set, Honey Bunny. I love the cute images and sentiments in this set. I used a small piece of patterned paper from the Basic Grey Fresh Cut 6x6 pad - this is my most favourite collection at the moment. The brightly coloured watercolour florals are bang on-trend and the perfect colours for spring and summer cards. I overlayed the paper with vellum to tone-down the colour and allow the bunny image to stand out. I crumpled it to add texture and added sequins from my stash for extra interest and sparkle. Finally I stamped a sentiment, also from the Honey Bunny stamp set, in Versamark ink and heat embossed Papermania gold embossing powder over the top. I also made some coordinating pillow boxes containing chocolate gifts for some friends, but sadly I forgot to take a picture of them before I gave them away.


No comments:

Post a Comment