Saturday 31 May 2014

Sweet New Baby Card

This card was made for friends after the birth of their son, Joshua. I started with a white notecard and added a piece of silver glitter paper from The Works - I love this glitter paper because, not only was it inexpensive, but the glitter doesn't shed like some other glitter papers. Then I added a piece of patterned paper from the Studio Calico Atlantic 6x6 paper pad and a peice of blue and white striped washi tape from my stash. The stamped image of the fox holding baloons was stamped using the Mama Elephant Up and Away set. I coloured it with Spectrum Noir pencils and blending solution and added freckles with a Uniball white gel pen for extra cuteness, as I've seen Nichol Magouirk do on YouTube. Next I fussy cut it and adhered it to the card with Dovecraft silicone glue to create some dimension. I added sparkle to the balloons with the Zig Wink of Stella clear glitter marker and made the glossy and dimensional with Ranger Glossy Accents. The sentiment is from the Mama Elephant Just Hatched stamp set and I stamped it with Hero Arts silver ink. I added ribbon and sequins from my stash and created the letter embellishments to spell 'Joshua' using a Hobbycraft typewriter alphabet stamp set and the same Hero Arts silver ink.


No comments:

Post a Comment