Saturday 12 July 2014

Washing Line Birthday Card

I really love how pretty and feminine this card I made for a close girlfriend, turned out to be. The card base is a 6x6 kraft card from Hobbycraft. For the background to my card I used blue-grey paper from a DoCraft Home to Nest decoupage Kit, overlayed with photo-real grass paper from Kaisercraft. The rainbow border at the bottom of the card uses paper from the Cosmo Cricket Summer Love mini deck, punched with a Tonic Simplicity Dotty Border punch. The clothing and 'happy' word were cut on my Cricut Explore using the First Few Years cartridge. I cut 'Birthday' using the font from the Noah's ABC Animals cartridge. I used various patterned paper scraps from my stash including paper from Maggie Holmes and Dear Lizzy collections. I strung a peice of pink bakers twine from the Dovecraft Riverbank Revels collection, across the front of the card and clipped the clothes to it using mini clothes pegs from Hobbycraft. Finally, I created a hand-drawn border using my Uniball white gel pen.


No comments:

Post a Comment