Sunday 31 August 2014

Get Better In Warp Speed Card


Hi guys,

When I'm making cards I generally like to have a tv programme on in the background. Most recently I've been re-watching old epidsodes of Star Trek Voyager - yes, I know I'm a geek! Today I've been inspired by everything I've seen on screen and created a card for the Paper Smooches Sparks August Designer Drafts Challenge, using the Space Cadet stamp set from Paper Smooches. Happy crafting xx


To Create my card I started with a puple notecard from Hero Arts. Next I layered a piece of Ranger Watercolour Paper over the front. I created the galaxy background using Windsor Newton India Ink and Distress inks in Dusty Concord and Salty Ocean shades. I first wet the paper and then dotted on the ink. I used a paintbrush to blend and used a mini mister filled with water to create the cloud-like feathered effect to the edges. Once I had dried this with my heat tool I splattered some white Windsor and Newton ink over the top to create the impression of stars.

Next I stamped several images from the Paper Smooches Space Cadet stamp set onto Neenah Solar White cardstock using my new Black Licorice hybrid ink from My Favourite Things. I coloured rge umages with Spectrum Noir pencils and blended with paper stubs and blending solution. I added dot detail with my Uniball white gel pen and added shine to the space ship with Ranger Glossy Accents . I fussy cut the images and adhered them to the front of the card using foam tape to create dimension. The sentiment, also from the Space Cadet stamp set was stamped using Versamark ink and heat embossed with Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder.

I kept embellishments fairly minimal on this card. I used my Simon Says Stamp Mini Heart die set to cut hearts from cardstock coloured with more Dusty Concord Distress Ink. I then adered several Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pik Posh in 6mm and 4mm sizes.



Please click on the challenge banner below to check out everyone's fab entries for this challenge:



Or, if you click on the blinkie below you'll go straight to the Paper Smooches store where you can buy all their lovely stamps and dies to play along with the next challenge:

6 comments:

  1. what a cool background and an awesome take on the sketch! fabulous card! thanks so much for joining us this week at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much Alice. I had so much fun making that background and I'm really glad you like it xx

      Delete
  2. That spacey background is genius! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you very much for your kind comment xx

      Delete
  3. This is just another awesome card you made! and I thought you need some more members :)

    ReplyDelete