Monday 25 August 2014

Hoppy Birthday Card


Hi guys

I made todays card for the Mama Elephant & Me August Challenge. The theme is watercolouring and birthdays and I coudn't resist using more pink and hearts with the cute sitting bunny image from the Honey Bunny stamp set from Mama Elephant. I love how pretty and feminine this card turned out and I'll be sending it to my Aunty for her birthday next month - hope you all like it xx



For the base of my card I used a white notecard from Papermania. I die cut the stitched rectangle from the Mama Elephant Femme Frames die set from Ranger watercolour paper. I used a Ranger ink blending tool and three shades of Distress Ink (Worn Lipstick, Tattered Rose and Antique Linen) to create my background. I then flicked clean water over the inked paper to create a pattern. To soften the look of the background I overlayed it with white vellum die cut with the scalloped rectangle die also from the Femme Frames die set. I then die cut lots of small hearts from the vellum, using the Simon Says Stamp tiny hearts dies, to allow some of the inked background to peek through.

Next I die cut the stitched circle from watercolour paper using the Lawn Fawn Stitched Party Banners die set. I adhered this to the vellum overlay with foam tape. I stamped the bunny image from the Mama Elephant Honey Bunny stamp set onto some more watercolour paper, using Versafine black ink. I coloured the image in a watercour style using Distress Inks and water. I used Antique Linen Distress Ink for the bunny's fur and added pink to his cheeks and the tips of his ears using Tattered Rose Ditress Ink. I then fussy cut the image and adhered it to the stitched circle with more foam tape. The Hoppy Birthday sentiment, from the Lawn Fawn Critters Down Under stamp set, was stamped onto a scrap of watercolour paper using Versafine ink. I then cut the paper into a banner shape and adhered this to my card with foam tape.

The heart shaped ballon was cut from watercolour paper, coloured with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink, using the heart die from the Lawn Fawn Stitched Party Banners die set. I adhered it to the card with foam tape and used a scrap of pink bakers twine to attach the baloon to the bunny's paw. I added shine to the balloon by covering it with a layer of glossy accents and added a 4mm Sparkling Clear sequin from Pretty Pink Posh for extra sparkle.

I completed my card by adding a variety of sequins. I used 4mm and 6mm Sparkling clear sequins, 6mm Watermelon sequins and 6mm Pink Blush sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. I also used several 8mm Salmon pink sequins from my stash. The sequins added fun sparkle as well as hiding the foam tape I used to adhere the vellum layer to the rest of the card.




Clicking on the link below will take you to the challenge post, featuring everyone's fab entries:


And clicking on the shopping bag below will take you to the Mama Elephant website where you can find lots of inspiration as well as the store to buy lots of crafty goodies:


2 comments:

  1. This really is the sweetest card and I know that your Auntie is going to adore it! So glad you could join us at Mama Elephant & Me!

    ReplyDelete