Friday 29 August 2014

I Thank My Lucky Stars For You Sweet Girl Card


Hi everyone,

So I've been trying to use more white space in my cards recently and today was the day for me to make my first CAS card. I made it for the CAS on Sunday challenge no. 40 Rock a Bye Baby. I really enjoyed making this soft, pretty card using watercolour techniques and a few great stamps from Mama Elephant, Wplus9 and Lawn Fawn. Hope you like it xx


First I cut and scored a piece of Ranger Watercolour Paper to A2 size for my card base. I then used Worn Lipstick and Milled Lavender Distress Inks and plenty of water to create the watercolour background. Once I had dried this with my heat tool I stamped several star images from the Wplus9 Lucky Stars stamp set in more of the Milled Lavender Distress Ink. I splattered some watered down Worn Lipstick ink over the top and dried it again with my heat tool. I stamped one of the sentiments, also from the Lucky Stars set, in Hero Arts Charcoal mid-tone ink. I also added the "sweet girl" sentiment from the Hello Baby stamp set from Lawn Fawn. The tiny heart was also taken from this set and is stamped in Worn Lipstick ink.


Next I stamped one of the cute penguin images from the Mama Elephant Love Quotes stamp set onto some more watercolour paper using the same Charcoal Ink I used for the sentiment. I coloured the image with distress ink and water, added freckles to its cheeks using a white Uniball gel pen and a littel sparkle with my Zig Wink of Stella glitter pen. I adhered my penguin to the card with silicone glue to add dimension.

I added some more Worn Lipstick ink to some scraps of watercolour paper and die cut them using the Simon Says Stamp Mini Hearts dies. I used my Wink of Stella pen and glossy accents before adhereing the embellishments with silicone glue. I used two silver 4mm sequins to complete this simple card.



Clicking on the link below will take you to the challenge blog post I am entering this card in, so you can check out all the other amazing entries:

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely card, so sweet!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at CAS on Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete