Sunday 10 August 2014

Under the Sea Pop-Up Card


Hi Guys! 

So, my card this week is another pop-up (definately my favourites to make!) and I decided to go for an under the sea theme. My inspiration for the card was the Make the Day Special challenge for the Month of August. I used the blues, reds and oranges from colour pallete A as the basis for my design.




Firstly I started with a Papermania white note card. For the inside of the card, I adhered patterned paper from the Basic Grey Fresh Cuts 6x6 paper pad - one had a wave design and the other was a coordinating blue watercolour pattern. The layers for my pop-up design were created using acetate. I used Spectrum Noir pens in several shades of blue and aqua to create a wavy pattern on the acetate, and then I drew small circles onto this with the blender pen to create the look of bubbles. Lastly I flicked white ink over the acetate to create the look of more bubbles. I used the the Mama Elephant Lanscape Trio die to die cut three layers of acetate at different heights. Next, I stamped images from the Paper Smooches Surf and Turf stamp set onto Neenah Solar White card stock with `memento Tuxedo Black ink. I coloured the images using Spectrum Noir pencils and blendinh soluion and added freckles with a Uniball white gel pen. I fussy cut the imges and adhered them to the acetate layers using silicone glue for extra dimension. I cut sea weed from a peice of green chevron paper from the Dear Lizzy Daydreamer 6x6 pad and adhered this to the acetate, also with silicone glue. Next, I used red line tape to adhere the acetate to the card. I added sequins from my stash and a sentiment, also from the Surf and Turf stamp set and the inside of my card was complete.



These pictures shows the layers of acetate in my design. The pop-up mechanism is created using small peices of acetate as spacers between one layer of acetate and the next, meaning that when you open the card the layers pop-up too.



I kept the front of my card simple, as I always do with my pop-up designs. I used a piece of watercolour paper and Tim Holtz distress inks in Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers to create the watercolour effect in the corner. The sentiment is from the Surf and Turf stamp set by Paper Smooches. I used Versafine ink to stamp it onto Neenah Solar White card stock. The whale image was also from the Surf and Turf stamp set and I coloured it with Spectrum Noir pencils and blending fluid. I adhered the sentiment and image over the watercolour using foam pads to create dimension. Finally I added a couple of sequines from my stash to complete the look. 


I would like to take part in the Make the Day Speacial August challenge (colour scheme A):


8 comments:

  1. WOW Jennie this is amazing so much work but looks worth it :) Thanks so much for playing along at make the day special.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. I really enjoyed making it and I'm glad you like it xx

      Delete
  2. What an amazing pop up card! Such a great use for all those little fishes :-D
    Thanks for joining us at Make the Day Special Stamp Store this month.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in awe of your underwater scene... It's perfect and such a fantastic surprise for he recipient too. great design :)
    Thanks for playing along with our challenge this month at Make the Day Special Stamp Store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank-you so much for you kind comment Victoria

      Delete