Sunday 14 September 2014

Red Riding Hood Hello Card

Hello again,

So, my card for today is a simple one which I made for the AEIHeartU Clean and Simple Challenge. I just love the Avery Elle Red and Goldie stamp set and this challenge gave me the perfect opportunity to pair it with the Xcut Woodland Shadow Box dies once again. In contrast to my Goldilocks and the Three Bears Hello Card, I only used one of the dies to create a much simpler look, but I like if just as much. I also love these great glittery enamal dots from My Minds Eye - hope you like the card!


To create this card I started with a piece of Neenah Solar White Cardstock cut and scored to A2 size. I used one of the die from the Xcut Wooden Shadow Box Dies set to create an aperture for my characters to peek out of. To create them I first stamped the Red Riding Hood and Wolf Dies from the Red & Goldie stamp set onto more Neenah Cardstock with Black Licorice Hybrid Ink from My Favourite Things. I then used a selection of Spectrum Noir and Copic Markers to colour my images. I'm still working on my alcohol marker technique and I'm hoping the Online Card Class I've signed up for will help when it starts in just over a week…so excited!!

I stamped the Hello sentiment, also from the Red & Goldie set, onto the front of my card with Versafine ink. Finally I completed my design by adding 3 enamel dots from the My Minds Eye Jubilee collection. 





Clicking on the image below will take you to the challenge post and all the other fantastic entries:


4 comments:

  1. Jennie, I just love Red and the Wolf peeking through the oval tree lined opening. It's darling! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with the AE Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much Katie. I really love the Red & Goldie stamp set - definitely one of my faves xx

      Delete
  2. ;)))) great card! Everything fits perfect together!
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete