Tuesday 21 October 2014

You're Sweet Card

Hi Guys,

I just love this cute penguin stamp and I love when I get to use it for a card. I created this card for the Make the Day Special Try a Technique challenge. I used an emboss resist technique on the lower portion of my card which I haven't tried before. It was fun and I like the effect. Let me know what you think - your comments are always very much appreciated xx


I started off with a peice of 110lb Neenah Solar white cardstock which I trimmed to A2 size. Next I die cut a peice of watercolour cardstock into a scalloped rectangle using one of the Femme Frames dies from Mama Elephant. I used the chevron stamp from the Lawn Fawn Interlocking Backdrops and Papermania clear embossing powder to heat emboss a design onto the lower part of my card. Next I used Worn Lipstick and Mustard Seed distress inks to created a soft blended background.

I used washi tape and some patterend paper die cut with a scalloped border from the Lawn Fawn Stitched Scalloped borders die set to divide the upper and lower parts of my design. i aslo overlayed a peice of pink bakers twine.

Next I stamped one of the penguins from the Mame Elephant Love Quotes stamp set onto Neenah cardstock, using Hero Arts Charcoal Ink. I also stamped a lollipop image from the Lawn Fawn Cozy Christmas Stamp set in the same way. I coloured the images with Spectrum Noir markers, fussy cut them and adehered them to my card with foam squares. I aldo die cut cloud shapes from vellum using the couds dies from Paper Smooches to create a dreamy look.

I completed my card by adding ribbon from my stash, Sparkling Clear Sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and enamel dots from freckled Fawn.


Clicking on the link below will take you to the challenge post so you can enter yourself, or just enjoy looking at everyone elses creations:


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jennie...love all those pretty pastels and a fab technique too :0)
    Thank you for playing along with our challenge this month at Make the Day Special Stamp Store x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card for our technique card Jennie! Thanks for playing along.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete