Friday 6 February 2015

How 'Tweet It Is Card


Hi Everyone,

Well, it's been so long since I last posted on my blog that I almost forgot how to upload my photos - anyway, it's all coming flooding back to me. Without getting too dreary, the last few months have been pretty tough but I've decided to get back to what I love - making cards! I've filled up my planner with all the challenges I want to enter and all the friends and family I want to make cards for so that should keep me out of mischief in the coming weeks. 

So my first card is a valentines card I made for the Inky Paws Challenge #17 - use a heart shape. I chose to use the Tweet Talk stamp set from Newtons Nook for this card. I love how delicate the tree branches and little birdies are. I also love the different bird houses in the set.

Hope you like the card and please do let me know what you think in the comments below xx



I used Neenah Solar White 110lb Cardstock for my card base. I next chose a beautiful peice of patterned paper from the Crate Paper Kiss Kiss 6x6 paper pad. I love the woodgrain and little white hearts. I used the scalloped rectange die from the Mama Elephant Femme Frames and then created a window using a scalloped circle die from the Paper Smooches Just For You Icons die set. I covered the underside of the window with pink vellum from Cosmo Cricket and used foam tape and sequins to create a shaker element.

I next stamped the birds and tree branch images from the Tweet Talk stamp set onto Neenah Soar White Cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured thim with Copic Markers. I stamped the bird house onto a scrap of the Kiss Kiss paper. I fussy cut the images and adhered them to the card with liquid glue and glue dots.


 I typed the sentiment onto a scrap of white cardstock using my new toy - a vintage 1960s typewriter which I adore! The sentiment was inspired by the Marvin Gaye song How Sweet It Is (to be loved by you) which is one of my favourite Motown songs. To complete the card I die cut some hearts from the remaining pink vellum with the Simon says Stamp Mini Hearts Dies.


Clicking on the image below will take you to the Inky Paws Challenge post where you can see he design teams inspiring cards as well as all of he amazing entries:


2 comments:

  1. Aww - this card is so TWEET! I love how you used the sweet little birdies to create a Valentine! Thanks so much for linking this card up to our Inky Paws Challenge at Newton's Nook Designs!

    ReplyDelete