Tuesday 13 October 2015

CASology Guest Designer

Hi Everyone,

I'm very excited today as this is my first ever guest designer post and it's for the very awesome CASology blog. Their theme for this week is:



This got me thinking about all my favourite mushy sentiments and a particular long-time favourite of mine comes from a Mama Elephant stamp set called Love Quotes and I used this as the focal point of my card.


It's been a lovely sunny weekend here in the UK and, as the sun streamed through the window of my craft room, I feel inspired to create something bright and colourful. I still wanted to keep it CAS though so I opted for a crisp white card base with Neenah Solar White cardstock cut to A2 size. I rounded two of the corners for a more interesting shape.

I masked off the different lines of my sentiment stamp and used a different coloured pigment ink for each. From top to bottom I used Avery Elle Magenta, Avery Elle Strawberry, Avery Elle Fizz, Avery Elle Lemon Grass, Mama Elephant Pacific Blue and Mama Elephant Egg Plant. I tried to match the colours as closely as possible to the patterned paper I used from the 6x6 Fruit Stand paper pad from Doodlebug Designs.


I stamped the speechbubble image onto more Neenah cardstock using Tuxedo black ink and second generation stamping for a muted look. I then fussy cut this and drew around it onto the back of my patterned paper and fussy cut that also. I die cut a small heart from the white speech bubble to let more of the patterned paper peek through (as well as to highlight to word 'you' since that it the title of our challenge!) I layered the two shapes and adhered them with foam pads.


I completed my card by die cutting a couple more hearts from patterned paper with my Simon Says Stamp Mini Heart Dies, and adhering a few colourful sequins. The sequins I used were (clockwise from the top left corner) Pretty Pink Posh 4mm Pink Peonies, Pretty Pink Posh 6mm Amethyst, Neat and Tangled blue sequin from the Spring Mix, Neat and Tangled mint sequin from The Spring Mix, a clear sequin coloured orange with a copic marker and Pretty Pink Posh 6mm Raspberry.

I love getting comments from you all so please let me know what you think xx

24 comments:

  1. You rocked it my friend - lots of interest and still perfectly CAS. Love the tiny details - the heart cut out of the white panel, the way you used the lines vertically under your focal panel, but horizontally on the die cuts. Cheery bright colours - just lovely! So great to have you as GD this week, Jennie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card and you interpretation of this week's cue is bang on! Thank you for joining us as our guest designer this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just makes me smile!!! I am in love with the bright colors and stripes & the cascading hearts and sequins! Perfectly done!!! So happy you could join us as guest designer this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOve that sentiment, Jennie! gorgeous in every way!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a wonderful card. I love your sentiment and the way you have used so many colors--in the sentiment and behind it too. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this week. You Rocked it!! (Can't believe we are your first....)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fabulous, Jennie! So much colour and interest, yet so perfectly CAS! So wonderful to have you guesting with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennie, I LOVE this cheerful card! I am LOVING the stripes and the cheery sequins...such a cool layout, too -- very original! So great to have you as guest designer this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Jennie, this is just a gorgeous card, I love the rainbow colors you used in the beautiful sentiment and the pattern paper behind it, the sequences and the tinny hearts are such a lovely detail.
    Thank you for sharing at CASology.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.
    www.swimbikerunandstamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Jennie, this is just a gorgeous card, I love the rainbow colors you used in the beautiful sentiment and the pattern paper behind it, the sequences and the tinny hearts are such a lovely detail.
    Thank you for sharing at CASology.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.
    www.swimbikerunandstamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Jennie, this is just a gorgeous card, I love the rainbow colors you used in the beautiful sentiment and the pattern paper behind it, the sequences and the tinny hearts are such a lovely detail.
    Thank you for sharing at CASology.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.
    www.swimbikerunandstamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a happy CAS card! The rainbow colors go with the sentiment perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much TaeEun - I had lots of fun making it xx

      Delete
  12. What a beautiful sentiment. Your card is so clever, colourful and creative, just love it x Well done on the first guest designer post...it won't be your last x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much for your lovely comment xx

      Delete
  13. Hey Jennie!! Your card is amazing. I love your design. Your colors are so nice, bright and cherry!! How many times do we hear a song that reminds us of that someone. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kymona. I love that sentiment too xx

      Delete