Sunday 11 October 2015

Eternal Love Card

Hello again,

Well now my craft room is back in action there's no stopping me when it comes to making cards. I made this halloween-themed love note for the Paper Smooches Sparks Anything Goes Challenge for October and I think it would be perfect for any Twilight fan. PS Sparks made a special announcement on their blog this week that their weekly challenges will be coming to an end at the end of the month and, while I'm sad to see them go, I'm excited for the new monthly challenges coming up!

And now to the card. I used the vampire and bat images from the the Spookalicious stamp set from Paper Smooches. I also used the Eternal Love sentiment from the same set. I used a grey polka dot notecard from Pebbles as my card base. I then adhered a peice of Ranger Watercolor Paper onto which I die cut with a stitched frame from the Mama Elephant Femme Frames set. I used Zig Clean Color Markers in Black and Carmine Red and a waterbrush to create a creepy watercolour background.



I stamped the sentiment and bat images onto the Watercolor Paper with Versafine Onyx Black ink. I added glossy accents to one of the bats and to the heart on the sentiment for extra visual interest.



I stamped the main vampire image onto Neenah Solar White cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I coloured the image with copic markers and fussy cut it. Once it was adhered to the card with foam tape I used Wink of Stella to add sparkle to the cape and added a layer of glossy accents for extra shine. I also added glossy accents to his hair to create the look of a slicked-back do.


I completed my card by adding black and gold stars from Studio Calico to help lead the eye from the main image to the sentiment. Hope you like it and please do comment below as I love to hear from you all xx

P.S. If you click on the icon below it will take you to the Paper Smooches store where you can pick up all their awesome stamps and dies:


No comments:

Post a Comment