Monday 12 October 2015

You Are Spooktacular Card

Hello again,

So this is my final post of the weekend - I've had a great time beavering away in my craft room and created some projects I'm really proud of. Anyway, I think now that I've had my crafty splurge I'll aim to settle back into a one-two posts a week situation - otherwise my friends and family might start to forget what I look like.

The following card was made for the Lawnscaping challenge No. 115: Sentiments. I opted to use the halloween themed Spooktacular stamp set from Lawn Fawn as the basis of my design. In reality, Halloween isn't as big an event in the UK as it is in the US, but I really like this stamp set and I was in a creepy mood after finding, what can only be described as a monster of a spider, in my bath this morning!


I've done alot of CAS cards this weekend and I decided to do something more colourful today. I started off with a purple polkadot note card from Pebbles. I decided I wanted to diecut a moon and stars into the cardstock which required a little extra imagination as I don't have any moon-shaped dies. I created the shape by using two circle dies, one slightly smaller than the other, and partically die cutting them. I then used a tiny star die from a My Favourite Things die set called Hip Clips. Unfortunately the stars in this set are in sets of threes so I had to cut one free. I should probably say at this point that yes, it is possible to cut through the solid parts of a die using wire cutters, but also you shoud be sure to shield your eyes as the resulting tiny flying peices of metal could probably cause some serious harm - I'll admit this was not one of my most sensible moments!

So, having narrowly escaped death, or at least blindness, I added some silver glitter paper behind the night sky die cuts to add shimmer. Next I die cut some pieces of coloured card using the largest of the Small Stitched Rectangles from Lawn Fawn. I used two shades of green cardstock, Mossy Meadow and Old Olive, both from Stampin' Up. I then used the Lawn Fawn Grassy Border die to create overgrown grass for the foreground and two of the Mama Elephant Landscape Trio dies to create the hills for background. I also cut a peice of vellum from my stash using one of the the Lawn Fawn Puffy Cloud border dies to make some spooky mist/clouds . Next I used the Picket Fence Border die, also from Lawn Fawn and some Baked Brown Sugar cardstock from Stampin' Up to create my rickety old fence. I snipped into the fence to make it look old and broken and set it at a slight angle on the card.



I stamped the pumpkin, gravestone and ghost images from the Spooktacular stamp set onto Neenah Solar White cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I coloured them with copic markers and fussy cut them. I adhered the cardstock layers and images to my card using tape runner and foam pads.


Since the theme is sentiments, I made sure mine was front and centre by stamping it into a speech bubble die cut made using one of the Word Bubble dies from Paper Smooches. I adhered it to the card with foam squares for extra dimension. I completed my acrd by adding a couple of 4mm and 6mm Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh both to draw more attention to the sentiment and to draw together the sparkly background and the matte foreground. And that was it - job done.

To join in with this challenge yourself, or to checkout the other entries and design team inspiration, click on the image below to go to the the corresponding Lawnscaping Challenges blog post. Happy crafting everyone xx:



2 comments:

  1. This card is so much fun! Love the color combo and the super cute scene. It's Boo-tastic! Lol. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete