Sunday 27 March 2016

Nuts About You Card

Hi everyone,

I have a special guest designer on my blog today. His name is Leo and he is eight (sorry, nearly nine - he told me I had to say that!) years old. Here he is:


We decided to enter the card in the PDE Linky Pary. You can see all the other fab entries and amazing design inspiration by clicking on the picture below:



I'll hand you over to him for the description of his masterpiece, which is pictured below:


"The inspiration for this card was mostly nature and outdoorsiness. I wanted to cut something out with the Cricut Explore and Jennie said "why don't we cut something out, like a rabbit or a fish", so we did a rabbit - which was blue. I loved it so much I wanted to do something much bigger than a little rabbit, so we got some ideas from the free stuff on the Cricut website. There was some writing that said "nuts about U" and it really brightened my day. After that we found a nice little peanut with a top hat so we put that on. Then we took a little while to cut them all out on the Cricut Explore. After, we decided to discuss what colours we could use for the card and it turned out that we would use some patterns. One was spotty and one was a very nice brown wood.


We cut some shapes out with the Cricut Cuttlebug. We decided to do a heart and a banner. The heart had stawberries on and the banner had the outdoors on it. To finish it off we got some string that was gold patterned and made a bow. Next I wrote "love you" on the banner and I gave the card to my mum and my sister, who has just come back from university :-)"


Thanks for stopping by to take a look at Leos card. Please write him a comment - I know he'd love it!

3 comments:

  1. Leo did a fabulous job! Thanks for linking up at PDE Linky Party!
    ~Owner & DT, Janis
    Sunny Day Cards and Crafts
    Pause Dream Enjoy
    Sunny Day Crafting, Photo Inspiration Chs
    Paper Play Sketches, Sketch Chs
    PDE Linky Party, Anything Goes Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did a great job! My 9 year old grand daughter helped me make my card this week. Love getting the young one's into crafting.
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO cute! Love the die cut/paper piecing! It really pops off that background. :)
    Thanks for sharing it over at the PDE Linky Party! :)

    ReplyDelete